Featuring

The Grey Isle Tale - now available!

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

There is a Place I Know

There is a place that I know
It's an old house full of stories I don't know
The smell fills my nose
the memories, my mind
I wander and hurry
the space full

There is a place that I know
past round-abouts
and long flying wings
through lines
and past screens
ticket lines and aeroplanes
In the snow I skitter
Half gone away

There is a place I know
tucked away like a silly joke
golden in glory of times gone by
people line shelves
blinking with eyes that are embossed
fading
looking on through letters
from linolium floors to ceiling tiled heights
now all gone away

There is a place I know
which no longer knows me
We are familiar ghosts
from Christmases past
each year fades us just a touch more
until our relationships glisten
just lights on the tree

There is a place I know
over the plains and beyond the tall mountains
those that are frosted with the Joten gleam
I know a place
which is quiet and close
my heart hurts to go
yet my mind always clears
Old wooden houses in all the worlds we know
they are quiet
no space for who we are now
only more tales which crackle and spin

- Ryan P. Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment